Den of Squiggles
Name: Hawk-McKain
Location: Colorado, United States
Description: I'm just your average teen some would say. Though I don't really think so. You decide what you want about me, good, or bad.
View Full Profile

Copyright Laws: Who needs em?

I've decided that after seeing a huge page of quotes by Mark Twain that everyonce in a while I will make a post about one of them, though some are easier to make huge posts for than others.

"Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet."

- Mark Twain

Too bad Mark Twain didn't speak for God. ^___^ Of course, if he did, there would be very few well made things anywhere on the planet since there would always be someone to come along and steal what you did. Then again, we really shouldn't need Copyright Laws and in a perfect world I suppose that would be true. It's almost fortunate it's not a perfect world or there would be no such things are "fansubs" and that would be true sad to not have.


1 Comments:

Your comment about a perfect world reminded me of a conversation I had with Celia:

Preston: -sigh- If only the world was perfect
I have these dreams you know
And I go up to heaven
And I ask God, can you make the world perfect?
And He says, "You sure?"
And I say, "I want to see what it looks like."
So He goes and presses a few buttons on His panel thing way up there inthe blue blue sky
And He shows me a black screen of nothing.
And I ask, "Where is it?"
He says, "There is no perfect world. That's why it's black."

There is another quote by Mark Twain that does not pertain to this, but one that I personally think is great:

"Man is the Only Animal that Blushes. Or needs to."
Mark Twain, Following the Equator (1897)

Cheers!

Add a comment

Locations of visitors to this page